Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 605 You Don't Know Jack 50K


#Running #Streak Day 605 was like a dream come true. One of my best race performances in the last 4 years. The last couple years I have been employing planned walk segments during training and events. I decided this week that I would attempt to run today's 50K without employing any walk segments or even pauses at the aid stations. Given that my longest run without walk segments this year was 10 miles, I was really taking on a big challenge. The course was an out-and-back 50k with 16 miles on very loose rock. At the turn around I was in 8th place overall and got a solid energy boost via passing all but 2 of the runners ahead of me. I did get "chicked" therefore I was number 2 male and scored a solid award. I did accomplish my goal of keeping it rolling the entire distance without throwing in the walks or pauses. It was great to take another run trip with Scott who was the solo marathoner today - number 51 for him!!! We also enjoyed visiting after the event with our great friends Jim and Judy who I had not seen in YEARS! Super encouraged with my current momentum!#DailyMover

No comments:

Post a Comment