Saturday, December 26, 2015

Daily Running Streak Concluded at 622 Days

After a disappointing running experience at the 2014 Umstead 100 in Raleigh, North Carolina I resolved to start a daily running streak to acquire consistent momentum in my running life.  The first day of the streak was put in the log on April 10th, 2014.  I recently made a decision that it was time to let this current streak go.  The last day of the streak was put in the log on December 22nd, 2015.

Total Days: 622
Total Miles: 4,990
DailyAverage: 8 miles
Shortest Run: 2 miles
Longest Run: 31 miles
Hottest Weather: 90 D F
Coldest Weather: -4 D F

Other highlights: every run was a get outside run outing.  My best streak within the streak was a 38 day double digit streak wherein I logged at least a 10 mile run every day for 38 days straight.  My previous longest running streak was 102 days.

Thoughts: The streak was a success with regards to me getting back momentum in my running life.  I am very pleased with my current momentum and I am hungry to keep it rolling.  Coming into 2016 I am mindful of how many miles I have logged for 2015 [currently at 3,221 miles].  My hope for 2016 is that even with an occasional break I will log a similar or greater number of miles.

6 comments: